File Note Found and Missing SiteCollectionADSettings File structure

May 13, 2009 at 3:32 PM

While running install.bat the last feature that tries to get activated fails because the file is not found. When checking its looking for a 4th folder SiteCollectionADSettings folder in the features folder which isn't there. Does anybody have these files?

Then install completes (last feature still not installed) I can activate the two features create new user and change password. I get the links on the site settings page but when clicking either it results in page not found error.


Any help is greatly appreciated.

May 14, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Hi jays

This was indeed not correct. The "Site Collection AD Settings" feature is in fact part of one of the other features and does not need to be installed as separate feature.

I corrected this and uploaded a new installation pack.

Could you try the new one?


May 14, 2009 at 1:21 PM

melg,


Now there was no error in the installation process but I still get the file not found error after installation and activation of the features. This happens for all of the pages. I have confirmed that they were successfully copied to the templates\layouts folder in the 12 hive. and the names do match those that appear in the browser when the link is clicked. Any ideas?

May 14, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Hi jays,

Could you verify that the assembly OrbitOne.SharePoint.Provision.WebParts.dll is installed correctly in the GAC?

If not, could you install it manually? (drag & drop to c:\windows\assembly)

May 14, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Hi melg,


That did the trick, but I'm having another problem now. I see it has been common on the other discussions. I can get to the SiteCollectionADSettings page and can successfully set the connection string and OU. When I go to create a new user I can put all information in and I get the general access denied error. Seems others have had this problem and the only fix I saw was that you posted a new file, I'm assuming I'm using that file though.

Thanks again for your help.

Jay

May 14, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Looks like the app pool account also needs local activation sites to the IIS REGWAM admin service DCOM object. Once I gave it those permissions everything seems to be working.


Thanks again for your help