File Not Found Errors

May 15, 2009 at 6:11 PM

File Not Found.   at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString)
   at System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(String assemblyName, Boolean throwOnFail)
   at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.AddAssemblyDependency(String assemblyName, Boolean addDependentAssemblies)
   at System.Web.UI.MainTagNameToTypeMapper.ProcessTagNamespaceRegistrationCore(TagNamespaceRegisterEntry nsRegisterEntry)
   at System.Web.UI.BaseTemplateParser.ProcessDirective(String directiveName, IDictionary directive)
   at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding)

I've read all of the other posts and ensured that I've made every change specified in them, but regardless of what I do I am unable to use any of these web parts/pages. The DLL is installed in the GAC, all web.config setting are there including the connection string, and the email template is located in the same directory as the CreateUser.aspx page. None of the pages will load. I'm stumped...

Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

May 18, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I installed the solution on another server on a different web farm--this time on Windows Server 2003 instead of Server 2008. The installation was reported to be sucessful and the features activated just fine. However, whenever I attempt to add the webpart to a page, I receive the following error:

Unable to add selected web part(s). CreateUserWebPart: Cannot import CreateUserWebPart Web Part.

I still get the same File Not Found error as before too.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I also received the file not found error when installing on Server 2008.  As it turned out, the first line in the install.bat file assumes the gacutil.exe is available on the server.  On my production server, this was not the case, so the attempt to install the dll in the GAC failed in the bat file.   I copied the gacutil.exe from my development workstation into the installation folder with the dll, then ran the script again.  This resolved the problem.  Now the tool is installed and working great on my server.  

Oct 12, 2009 at 7:21 AM

Great!