Change Default permission for new user

Jul 28, 2009 at 2:43 PM

The create new user funtion gives the new user read access can it be changed to contribute or to another group/role? If so how?

Jul 28, 2009 at 11:19 PM
Edited Jul 28, 2009 at 11:20 PM

If you go to Site Actions->Site Settings->Users and Permissions->Advanced Permssions, then in the right pane click the user's name you can change their permission level.

Hope this helps.

Joshua

Jul 29, 2009 at 6:13 PM

I know how to do it in sharepoint. I want the create user function of this webpart to give contributor permission instead of read. For the purposes I'm using this for almost all of the users a site owner will create will need contributor access very few will need read so it seems to only make sense to have it apply that permission instead.

I see in the source file (SharePointProvisioning.cs) where it is specified and made the change. I'm just not sure how to go about wrapping it up in a webpart.

Jul 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Hi Jays,

I do not know for sure, however you may check the settings in the elementManifest.xml file. Hope this helps

Joshua

Jul 30, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Like I said the change is made in sharepointProvisioning.cs file. I have successfully made that change. I just don't know how to go about wrapping that up into the .webpart file in the installation pack 

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I actually figured this out. I downloaded the source from the downloads page which isn't the complete source. Once I got it from the source code page everything made sense and fell into place.